A study on investigating the impact of website features on online impulse buying behaviour
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
E-commerce has led to many deliveries in business relationships specially used for online shopping. Given the growth of e-commerce to increase e-shopping, researchers can be investigated in this area in recent years. This paper aims to investigate the effect of website features on online impulse buying behaviour (OIBB). A questionnaire survey was conducted on the users of the Digi Kala website. They have made an impulsive online purchase at least once from the DigiKala website in Arak city, Iran. A relative stratified sampling technique was utilized for data collection. The data were analyzed statistically. The results show that: All research hypotheses have been confirmed. Among the research variables for the research's statistical sample, service quality and visual attraction affect online impulsive shopping behaviour.
- Amiri, Nazanin (2015). "The Impact of Online Shopping Beliefs on Shopping Behaviour Due to Sudden Consumer Motivation in Instant Shopping", Master Thesis, University of Guilan.
- Beatty, S. E., & Ferrell, M. E. (1998). Impulse Buying: Modeling Its Precursors.Journal of Retailing, 74(2), 169-191.
- Britsman, S. & Sjolander, K. (2011)."Teenage girls aged 13 to 15 and their impulse consumption of clothes". University of Gotten burg.
- Childers, T. L., Carr, C. L., Peck, J., & Carson, S. (2001). Hedonic and utilitarian motivations for online retail shopping behaviour. Journal of retailing, 77 (4), 511-535.
- Chin-Hung Liu, National Chin-Yi (2017), KEY FACTORS IN IMPULSE BUYING: EVIDENCE FROM TAIWAN, Global Journal of Business Research Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 73-86.
- Corbitt, B. J., Thanasankit, T., & Yi, H. (2003). Trust and e-commerce: a study of consumer perceptions. Electronic commerce research and applications, 2(3), 203-215.
- Cox, A.D., Cox, D., Anderson, R., (2005)." Reassessing the pleasures of store shopping". Journal of Business Research 58, 250–259.
- Davis, F. D., Bagozzi, R. P., & Warshaw, P. R. (1989). User acceptance of computer technology: a comparison of two theoretical models. Management science, 35(8), 982-1003.
- Delone, W. H., & McLean, E. R. (2003). The DeLone and McLean model of information systems success: a ten-year update. Journal of management information systems, 19(4), 9-30.
- Dholakia, U. M. (2000)." temptation and resistance: An integrated model of consumption impulse formation and enactment",journal of psychology & marketing, 17 (11), 995-982.
- Floh.A , Madlberger M(2013) "The role of atmospheric cues in online impulse-buying behaviour" Journal of Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 12,425-439.
- Fogli, D., & Guida, G. (2015). A practical approach to the assessment of quality in use of corporate web sites. Journal of Systems and Software, 99, 52-65.
- Gajendra ,Sharma and Wang, Lijuan , (2015),"The effects of online service quality of e-commerce websites on user satisfaction",The Electronic Library , Vol. 33 Iss 3 pp.
- Ghahnavieh, Adeleh (2015). "The effect of useful features of the website on the intention to buy online", Master Thesis, Yazd University, Yazd.
- Grégory Bressolles François Durrieu (2007),"The impact of electronic service quality’s dimensions on customer satisfaction and buying impulse", JOURNAL OF CUSTOMER BEHAVIOUR, 2007, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 37-56.
- Haghighi, m; Tabein, A. (2008). "Assessing the attractiveness and usability of the website (website) of Iran Petrochemical Trading Company from the perspective of domestic customers in the industrial market." Journal of Business Management, 1 (1), 38-21.
- Inman,leigh ,j.jrffrey ,mcalister,wayne d(1990)."promotion signal:proxy a price cut?"the journal of consumer research vol17,no 1 ,74-81.
- Kim, A.J. Ko, E. (2012) Do Social Media Marketing Activities Enhance Customer Equity? An Empirical Study of Luxury Fashion Brand. Journal of Business Research, 65, 1480-1486.
- Liu, C., & Arnett, K. P. (2000). Exploring the factors associated with Web site success in the context of electronic commerce. Information & management, 38(1), 23-33.
- McKinney , V , Kanghyun,Y,& Zahedi, F.(2002). "The Measurement of Web-Customer Satisfaction: An Expectation and Disconfirmation Approach". Information Systems ResearchVol. 13, No. 3,227-359.
- Moe, W. W., & Fader, P. S. (2004). Capturing Evolving Visit Behaviour in Clickstream Data. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 18 (1), 5-19. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/dir.10074.
- Nielsen, J. (1994).Usability engineering. Boston, MA: AP Professional.
- Poddar A, Donthu N,Wei y (2009). " website customer orientations, website quality, and purchase intionations: the role of website personality". Journal of Business RESEARCH, 62, PP. 441-450.
- Ponte, E. B., Carvajal-Trujillo, E., & Escobar-Rodríguez, T. (2015). Influence of trust and perceived value on the intention to purchase.
- Rook, D.W. and Hoch, S.J. (1985)." Consuming impulses. Advances in Consumer Research", 12: 23-27.
- Song, J., & Zahedi, F. M. (2005). A theoretical approach to web design in e-commerce: a belief reinforcement model. Management Science, 51(8), 1219-1235.
- Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., & Perrien, J. (2013). Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and proposal of an integrative model. Journal of Business Research, 66(9), 1436-1447.
- Tsai, W. H. S., & Men, L. R. (2013)." Motivations and antecedents of consumer engagement with brand pages on social networking sites". Journal of Interactive Advertising, 13(2),76–87.
- Turban, E., King, D., Lee J., and Vieland, D. (2004), “ Electronic Commerce: A managerial perspective”, Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- University of Michigan (2019). HOW ONLINE STORES TRICK YOU INTO IMPULSE BUYING. https://www.futurity.org/impulse-buying-2047282/#:~:text=The%20team%20found%20that%20the,products%2C%20electronics%2C%20and%20shoes.
- Verhagen, T.Van Dolen, W. (2011). "The influence of online store bliefs on consumer online impulse buying: A model and empirical application". Information & Management. 48, 320-327.
- Yaghoubi, Afsaneh. (2015), "Study of the effect of usability and perceived reputation on website loyalty with emphasis on the level of familiarity of people", Master Thesis, Ardakan University of Art and Architecture
- Yang, Z., Cai, S., Zhou, Z., & Zhou, N. (2005)." Development and validation of an instrument to measure user perceived service quality of information presenting web portals". Information & Management, 42(4), 575-589.
- Zeithaml, V. A., Parasuraman, A., & Malhotra, A. (2002). "Service quality delivery through web sites: a critical review of extant knowledge". Journal of the academy of marketing science, 30(4), 362-375.