THE ATTITUDES OF HUMAN CAPITAL IN INTERNATIONAL COMPANIES TOWARDS USING PODCASTING AS AN INNOVATIVE ASYNCHRONOUS TRAINING AND DEVELOPING TOOL
- Human Capital,
- International Companies,
- â€Ždeveloping tool. â€Ž â€Ž
- Beşeri Sermaye,
- Uluslararası Firmalar,
- Geliştirme Aracı
How to Cite
Although many studies discussed podcasting benefits from different areas like ( Lee & Chan, 2007; Evans, 2008; Kennedy et al., 2011) no one discussed the attitudes of Human Capital towards Using it as an Innovative Asynchronous training and developing tool. so this paper aims to investigate these attitudes. In order to do so, The researcher investigated a field study taking a sample participants of 120 workers from the studied companies and gave them a five-point Likert scale questionnaire about their attitudes towards Using Podcasting in training. The data were analyzed using SPSS. It was found that participants had a very positive attitude toward podcasts and had very high motivation to develop their skills with the help of podcasts.
- Abeysekera, I. (2008). Intellectual capital disclosure trends: Singapore and Sri Lanka. Journal of Intellectual capital, 9(4), 723-737.
- Adelowotan, M. O. (2013). Human capital development (HCD) through open, distance and e-learning: evidence from corporate annual reports (CARs) of top South African listed companies.
- Anzai, Y. (2007, October). Empowering English learning utilizing podcasts. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (Vol. 2007, pp. 10-15). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Artyushina, G., Sheypak, O., Khovrin, A., &Spektor, V. (2011) . How to Improve Listening Skills for Technical Students. 14th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL2011), 11th International Conference Virtual University, Slovakia.
- Ashraf, H., Noroozi, S., & Salami, M. (2011). E-listening: The Promotion of EFL Listening Skill via Educational Podcasts, 10-17.
- Ashton-Hay, S., & Brookes, D. (2011). Here's a story: using student podcasts to raise awareness of language learning strategies. EA Journal, 26(2), 15-27.
- Başaran S., Cabaroğlu N., "The Effect Of Language Learning Podcasts On English Self-Efficacy", International Journal of Language Academy, vol.2, pp.48-69, 2014
- Bergheim, S. (2005). Human capital is the key to growth-success stories and policies for 2020.
- Borgia, L. (2010). Enhanced Vocabulary Podcasts Implementation In Fifth Grade Classrooms. Reading Improvement, 46(4), 263-72.
- Bryans Bongey, S., Cizadlo, G., & Kalnbach, L. (2006). Explorations in course-casting: Podcasts in higher education. Campus-wide information systems, 23(5), 350-367.
- Chan, W. M., Chen, I. R., &Döpel, M. (2011). Podcasting in foreign language learning: Insights for podcast design from a developmental research project. In M. Levy, F. Blin, C. Bradin Siskin, & O. Takeuchi (Eds.),WorldCALL: Global perspectives on computer-assisted language learning (pp. 19-37). New York & London: Routledge.
- Delery, J. E., & Shaw, J. D. (2001). The strategic management of people in work organizations: Review, synthesis, and extension. In Research in personnel and human resources management (pp. 165-197). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Ducate, L. & Lomicka, L. (2009). Podcasting: An Effective Tool for Honing Language Students' Pronunciation? Language Learning & Technology, 13, 66-86.
- Edirisingha, P., & Salmon, G. (2007). Podcasting for learning in universities. Berkshire, UK: Open University Press.
- Evans, C. (2008). The effectiveness of m-learning in the form of podcast revision lectures in higher education. Computers & education, 50(2), 491-498.
- Geoghegan, M. W., & Klass, D. (2008). Podcast solutions: The complete guide to audio and video podcasting. Apress.
- Gholami, M., & Mohammadi, M. (2015). Podcast-mediated language learning: levels of podcast integration and developing vocabulary knowledge. In F. Helm, L. Bradley, M. Guarda, & S. Thouësny (Eds), Critical CALL – Proceedings of the 2015 EUROCALL Conference, Padova, Italy (pp. 210-214). Dublin: Researchpublishing.net. http://dx.doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2015.000335
- Hasan, M. M & Hoon, T. B. (2013). Podcast applications in language learning: a review of recent studies. English Language Teaching, 6(2), 128-135. doi:10.5539/elt.v6n2p128.
- Istanto, J. W. (2011). Pelangi Bahasa Indonesia podcast: what, why and how? Electronic Journal of Foreign Language Teaching, 8(1), 371-384.
- Kaplan-Leiserson, E. (2005). Trend: Podcasting in academic and corporate learning. Learning Circuits, 5(6), 398-401.
- Kennedy, M. J., Hart, J. E., & Kellems, R. O. (2011). Using enhanced podcasts to augment limited instructional time in teacher preparation. Teacher Education and Special Education, 34(2), 87-105.
- Kim, D., & King, K. (2011). Implementing podcasts with ESOL teacher candidates’ preparation: Interpretations and implication. International Forum of Teaching and Studies, 7(2), 5-19.
- Knight, R. (2010). Sounds for Study: Speech and Language Therapy Students: Use and Perception of Exercise Podcasts for Phonetics. International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning, 22(3), 269-276.
- Kuruppu, R. (2009). The strategic corporate training method to sustain organizational productivity in the clothing industry of Sri Lanka.
- Lane, C. (2006). Podcasting at the UW: An evaluation of current use. The Office of Learning Technologies, University of Washington.
- Lazzari, M. (2009). Creative use of podcasting in higher education and its effect on competitive agency. Computers & Education, 52(1), 27-34.
- Lee, M. J. W., & Chan, A. (2007). Pervasive lifestyle integrated mobile learning for distance learners: An analysis and unexpected results from a podcasting study. The Journal of Open and Distance Learning,22(3), 201-218.
- Lee, M. J. W., & Chan, A. (2007). Reducing the effects of isolation and promoting inclusivity for distance learners through podcasting. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 8(1).
- Lord, G. (2008). Podcasting Communities and Second Language Pronunciation. Foreign Language Annals,41(2).
- Maitra, B., & Mukhopadhyay, C. K. (2012). Public spending on education, health care and economic growth in selected countries of Asia and the Pacific.
- Mark J. W LEE، و Anthony CHAN . (2007). REDUCING THE EFFECTS OF ISOLATION AND PROMOTING. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education.
- Mirriahi, Negin and Alonzo, Dennis, Shedding Light on Students’ Technology Preferences: Implications for Academic Development, Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 12(1), 2016. Available at:http://ro.uow.edu.au/jutlp/vol12/iss1/6
- Morris, T., Tomasi, C., Terra, E., Steppe, K.,(2008) :"Podcasting For Dummies" 2nd Edition retrieved from : http://www.dummies.com/store/product/Podcasting-For-Dummies-2nd-Edition.productCd-047027557X,navId-322496.html
- O’Bryan, A., &Hegelheimer, V. (2007). Integrating CALL into the classroom: The role of podcasting in an ESL listening strategies course. ReCALL, 19(2), 162–180. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0958344007000523
- Rahimi, M. & Soleymani, E. (2015). The impact of mobile learning on listening anxiety and listening comprehension. English Language Teaching. 8(10): 152-162.
- Salmon, G. (2008). How to create podcasts for education. McGraw-Hill Education (UK).
- Scutter, S. Stupans, I. Sawyer, T. and King, S. (2010). How do students use podcasts to support learning? Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26(2), 180-191.
- Sharbaf Shoar, N., Jafre, M. Z., & Pour-Mohammadi, M. (2011). Using podcasting as a revision tool by Iranian EFL learners. International Journal of Education, 3(2), 1-14.
- T Morris، C Tomasi، E Terra، K Steppe. (2008). Podcasting For Dummies. Indiana: Wiley Publishing Inc.
- Ting,K. (2014): “Blended learning as a theoretical framework for the application of podcasting”. English Language Teaching, 7(5), , 128-135.
- Valadkhani, A. (2003). An empirical analysis of Australian labour productivity. Australian Economic Papers, 42(3), 273-291.