Branding perceptions and branding activities of domestic agricultural machinery manufacturers
- Tarım Makinaları, Markalaşma, Tarımsal Pazarlama
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Figen Arslan Koçkaya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
One of the actors that provide high returns to its producers is agricultural machinery in the agricultural sector. Agricultural machinery is also produced in Turkey, and these products are exported abroad. However, it is tough to compete with big brands whose names have been known for years in the current agricultural machinery market in the world, with substantial capital and support by their countries in every sense. This research was carried out to determine the approaches of domestic agricultural machinery manufacturers to the phenomenon of branding and the activities they carry out in the name of branding. The qualitative analysis method was used in the study. In 2018, face-to-face interviews were conducted with 22 personnel working at the managerial level of domestic enterprises producing agricultural machinery. The responses received were coded by the discourse analysis technique, one of the qualitative analysis methods, and the codes were deciphered. The interviewees emphasized that they are aware that agriculture has an important place in the economy, that policies should be developed so that our country's agriculture can reach a better place, and that agricultural incentives are important. According to the interviewees, the brand is a vital variable in purchasing preference, and quality is important in branding. However, most interviewees stated that although they attach importance to branding, they do not have the necessary financial power and state support to open up to the foreign market.
- Aaker, D. (2007). Innovation: Brand it or lose it. California Management Review, 50, 8‒24.
- Ak, T. (2009). “Marka Yönetimi Ve Tüketici Karar Sürecine Etkileri”, Karamanoğlu Mehmetbey Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü İşletme Anabilim Dalı İşletme Bilim Dalı Yüksek Lisans Tezi.
- Ayvaz, C. (2005). Kobi Marka İlişkisi. Türk Patent Enstitüsü Markalar Dairesi Başkanlığı Uzmanlık Tezi.
- Bac, Á., ve Husti, I. (2013). The Econometric Analysis of the İnnovation of the Hungarian Agricultural Machinery Producers. Actual Tasks on Agricultural Engineering: Proceedings of the 40. International Symposium on Agricultural Engineering, Opatija, Croatia, 21-24 February, 43-54.
- Beverland, M.B. (2001). Creating Value Through Brands: The Zespri Kiwi Fruit Case. British Food Journal, 103, 383–399.
- Cao, Yan-ai. (2011). An Analysis of the Agricultural Products Place-industry Umbrella Branding Strategy in China[J]. Institute of Business Administration, Guangdong University of Finance, Guangzhou, China, Commercial Research, 2011-06.
- Cheek, J. (2004). At the margins? Discourse analysis and qualitative research. Qualitative Health Research, 14(8), 1140-1150.
- Davis, G., W., Bailey, D.V., Chudobo, K. (2010). Defining and Meeting the Demand For Agricultural Machinery in China: A Case Study of John Deere. İnternational Food & Agribusiness Management, Review, 13 (3), 97-120.
- Davis, L. (2010). Managing trademarks to support innovation. 5th Annual Conference of the EPIP Association: Fine-Tuning IPR Debates.
- De Oliveira S A., Dallmeyer A. U., ve Romano L.N. (2012). Marketing in the Pre-development Process of Agricultural Machines: A Reference Model. Agríc, 32 (4) 745-755
- Ferreira, V.H.S. ve Godinho, M. (2011). Building an innovation function with patents and trademarks: evidence from Portuguese regional innovation systems. DRUID 2011.
- http://kop.gov.tr/upload/dokumanlar/171.pdf(Erişim tarihi: 20.01.2022)
- Iwu C.G., Osakwe C., Ajayı J. O. (2015). Exploring the Effects of Brand Promotion and Brand Image Perception on Business Outcomes of Small-sized Agribusiness Firms. Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis [online]. 2, 63 (5), 1661-1669.
- Jones, R. H. (2012). Discourse analysis a resource book for students. USA: Routledge.
- Kotler, P. (2000). Kotler ve Pazarlama. İstanbul, Sistem Yayıncılık
- Lewis , G., Crispin, S., Bonney, L., Woods, M., Fei, J., Ayala, S., ve Miles , M. (2014). Branding as Innovation Within Agribusiness Value Chains. Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, 16 (2), 146 – 162.
- Lupton, D. (1992). Discourse analysis: A new methodology for understanding the ideologies of health and illness. Australian Journal of Public Health, 16(2), 145-150.
- Marangoz, M.(2017). Pazarlama Yönetimi, İstanbul, Beta Yayıncılık.
- McCarthy, M. (2005). Discourse analysis for language teachers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- McMahon, K. (2005) “Buying in Brazil” Farm Industry News Jul/Agu,38.
- Mendonça, S., T.S. Pereira ve Godinho M. (2004). Trademarks as an indicator of innovation and industrial change. Research Policy, 33(9), 1385‒1404.
- Mettepenningen, E., Vandermeulen, V., Van Huylenbroeck, G., Schuermans, N., Van Hecke, E., Messely, L., J. Dessein, J., ve Bourgeois, M. (2012). Exploring Synergies Between Place Branding and Agricultural Landscape Management as A Rural Development Practice. Sociol Ruralis. 52(4),432-452
- O’Keeffe, M. (2007). Best Year Ever for Tractors Sales. Irish Farmers Monthly, 7-10.
- Öngüt, Ç.E. (2007). Türk Tekstil ve Hazır Giyim Sanayinin Değişen Dünya Rekabet Şartlarına Uyumu. İktisadi Sektörler ve Koordinasyon Genel Müdürlüğü Uzmanlık Tezi, Yayın No: DPT2703.
- Estrada, J. S., Schlosser, J. F., Farias, M. S. D., Martini, A. T., ve Santos, G.O. D. (2016). Mass of Agricultural Tractors Available in The Brazilian Market. Cienc. Rural [online], 46(8). 1390-1394
- Şener, F. (2016). Satıştan markaya süren bir pazarlama yolculuğu. Didem Ünal (Ed.) Markanı Ateşle içinde. MediaCat Yayınları, İstanbul, 139-150.
- Walley, K., Custance, P., Taylor, S., Lindgreen, A., ve Hingley, M. (2007). The İmportance of Brand in the İndustrial Purchase Decision: A Case Study of the UK Tractor Market. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 22(6). 383-393
- Zhigang, W., Menglin, T., ve Shuzheng, B. (2010). The Protection System of Regional Brands of Agricultural Products in Japan and the Enlightenment. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin, 2010-16.