IMPACT OF PERCEIVED QUALITY ON CONSUMER ATTITUDE IN FOOD INDUSTRY OF PAKISTAN
- Perceived Quality and Consumer Attitude.
- Kalite Algısı, Tüketici Tutumu
How to Cite
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to identify the impact of perceived quality on consumer attitude in the food industry.
Design/Methodology/Approach: With positive philosophy method, this study is based on Quantitative approach and the truthful data was collected by Surveys from the consumers of the food industry in Pakistan. The linear Regression method directed for the measurement.
Findings: The results indicate the impact of perceived quality on consumer attitude in food industry which elaborate that there is a moderate impact of perceived quality on consumer attitude that indicates the significant relation among perceive quality on consumer attitude.
Research limitation/Implication: The study is limited to consider only food industry, the result shows that there is a significant moderate impact of perceived quality on consumer attitude although, the data was collected from the consumers of Karachi.
Implications: This study suggests local food industry about the attitude of consumer towards the quality of food whereas food industry can take benefit from this study to know the quality matters for the customers which they can start providing the quality food to increase their brand name & loyalty among customers.
Originality/Value: This study is carried out having seen the previous research papers although, from this study, the service quality in the food industry can be studied further for future research.
- Aaker, David. 1996. ?Measuring Brand Equity.? California Management Review 38: 102?20. Aghaei, Shahrzad, and Ali Bonyadi Naeini. 2018. ?Consumer Attitudes toward New Pasta
- Products in Iran Market: A Qualitative and Quantitative Study.? Management Science Letters 8: 109?20.
- Aghaei, Shahrzad, and Ali Bonyadi Naeini. 2018. ?Management Science Letters.? 8: 109?20. Al-Nasser, Mohammad et al. 2016. ?Mediating Effect of E-Service Quality Perceptions on
- Attitude and Trust toward Online Shopping.? International Business Management 10(3): 228?40.
- Alibabi?, Vildana et al. 2011. ?Attitudes, Behaviors, and Perception of Consumers? from Northwestern Bosnia and Herzegovina toward Food Products on the Market.? In Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, , 2932?37.
- Anchor, John R., and Terezie Kour?ilová. 2009. ?Consumer Perceptions of Own Brands: International Differences.? Journal of Consumer Marketing 26(6): 437?49. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/10.1108/07363760910988256.
- Asshidin, Nor Hazlin Nor, Nurazariah Abidin, and Hafizzah Bashira Borhan. 2016. ?Consumer Attitude and Uniqueness towards International Products.? Procedia Economics and Finance 35(October 2015): 632?38. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S2212567116000770.
- Ayimey, Edward Kwame, Dadson Awunyo-Vitor, and John Korbla Gadawusu. 2013. ?Does Radio Advertisement Influence Sale of Herbal Products in Ghana? Evidence from Ho Municipality.? Modern Economy 4: 652?58. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/me.2013.410070%0Ahttp://www.scirp.org/journal/me.
- Azadavar, Ramin, and Mohammad Eghbali Teimouri. 2011. ?The Role of Security as a Customer Perception on Customers ? Online Purchasing Behavior.? International Conference on Software and Computer Applications 9: 174?81.
- Boisvert, Jean, and Nick J Ashill. 2016. ?The Impact of Brand Innovativeness and Brand Quality on Consumer Evaluation of Service Line Extension : The Moderati .... Involvement.? (March).
- Boisvert, Jean, and Nick J. Ashill. 2011. ?How Brand Innovativeness and Quality Impact Attitude toward New Service Line Extensions: The Moderating Role of Consumer Involvement.? Journal of Services Marketing 25(7): 517?27.
- Brunsø, Karen, Lone Bredahl, Klaus G. Grunert, and Joachim Scholderer. 2005. ?Consumer Perception of the Quality of Beef Resulting from Various Fattening Regimes.? In Livestock Production Science, , 83?93.
- ?CEP Discussion Paper No 1469 February 2017 Multi-Product Firms and Product Quality Kalina Manova.? 2017. (1469).
- Chaniotakis, Ioannis E., Constantine Lymperopoulos, and Magdalini Soureli. 2010. ?Consumers? Intentions of Buying Own?label Premium Food Products.? Journal of Product & Brand Management 19(5): 327?34. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/10.1108/10610421011068568.
- Dawar, Niraj, and Philip Parker. 1994. ?Marketing Universals: Consumers? Use of Brand Name, Price, Physical Appearance, and Retailer Reputation as Signals of Product Quality.? Journal of Marketing 58(2): 81.
- Eckel, Carsten, Leonardo Iacovone, Beata Javorcik, and J. Peter Neary. 2015. ?Multi-Product Firms at Home and Away: Cost- versus Quality-Based Competence.? Journal of International Economics 95(2): 216?32.
- Fenko, Anna, Jean Marie Leufkens, and Joris J. van Hoof. 2015. ?New Product, Familiar Taste: Effects of Slogans on Cognitive and Affective Responses to an Unknown Food Product among Food Neophobics and Neophilics.? Food Quality and Preference 39: 268?76.
- Forza, C., and F. Salvador. 2008. ?Application Support to Product Variety Management.?
- International Journal of Production Research 46(3): 817?36.
- Franciosa, Jabin et al. 2014. ?Pengaruh Perceived Quality Tehradap Attitude Toward Brand Pada Pengguna Smartphone Samsung Di Surabaya.? 2(1): 1?7.
- Frank, Björn. 2012. ?The Formation of Consumer Attitudes and Intentions towards Fast Food Restaurants: How Do Teenagers Differ from Adults?? Managing Service Quality 22(3): 260?82.
- Ghazali, Maznah, M Said Othman, Ahmad Zahiruddin Yahya, and M Sarif Ibrahim. 2008. ?Products and Country of Origin Effects: The Malaysian Consumers? Perception Introduction: Country of Origin Effect in the Global Market.? International Review of Business Research Papers 4(2): 91?102. http://www.bizresearchpapers.com/Paper-7.pdf.
- Guerrero, Luis et al. 2009. ?Consumer-Driven Definition of Traditional Food Products and Innovation in Traditional Foods. A Qualitative Cross-Cultural Study.? Appetite 52(2): 345? 54.
- Gulliver, Amelia, Kathleen M. Griffiths, and Helen Christensen. 2010. ?Perceived Barriers and Facilitators to Mental Health Help-Seeking in Young People: A Systematic Review.? BMC Psychiatry 10.
- Hallak, Juan Carlos, and Jagadeesh Sivadasan. 2013. ?Product and Process Productivity: Implications for Quality Choice and Conditional Exporter Premia.? Journal of International Economics 91(1): 53?67.
- Han, Heesup, and Kisang Ryu. 2009. ?The Roles of the Physical Environment, Price Perception, and Customer Satisfaction in Determining Customer Loyalty in the Restaurant Industry.? Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research 33(4): 487?510.
- Hidalgo-baz, María, Mercedes Martos-partal, and Óscar González-benito. 2017. ?Attitudes vs . Purchase Behaviors as Experienced Dissonance : The Roles of Knowledge and Consumer Orientations in Organic Market.? 8(February): 1?8.
- Honkanen, Pirjo, and Lynn Frewer. 2009. ?Russian Consumers? Motives for Food Choice.?
- Appetite 52(2): 363?71.
- Horvat, Sandra, and Dosen. 2013a. ?Perceived Risk Influence on the Consumer Attitude to Private Labels In the Product? S Life Cycle Growth Stage.? Economic and Business Review 15(4): 267?91.
- Horvat, Sandra, and ?ur?ana Ozretic Dosen. 2013b. ?PERCEIVED RISK INFLUENCE ON THE CONSUMER ATTITUDE TO PRIVATE LABELS IN THE PRODUCT?S LIFE
- CYCLE GROWTH STAGE.? Economic and Business Review for Central and South - Eastern Europe 15(4): 267?91.
- Hsiu-Li Chen, Hui-Wen Cheng. 2011. ?E-Service Quality and Risk Perception on Customer Satisfaction and E-Brand Identity by Gender Difference.? GSTF Journal on Business Review 1(2). http://dl.globalstf.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl& product_id=1013&category_id=59&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4.
- Giroux, Hélène. 2006. ??It Was Such a Handy Term?: Management Fashions and Pragmatic
- Hvam, Lars, Simon Pape, and Michael K. Nielsen. 2006. ?Improving the Quotation Process with Product Configuration.? Computers in Industry 57(7): 607?21.
- Insch, Gary S., and J. Brad McBride. 2004. ?The Impact of Country-of-Origin Cues on Consumer Perceptions of Product Quality: A Binational Test of the Decomposed Country- of-Origin Construct.? Journal of Business Research 57(3): 256?65.
- Irfan, Muhammad. ?Customer Satisfaction in the Restaurant Industry ; Examining the Model in Local.?
- Issanchou, S. 1996. ?Consumer Expectations and Perceptions of Meat and Meat Product Quality.? Meat Science 43(SUPPL. 1): 5?19.
- Jaafar, Siti Nurafifah, Pan Ein Lalp, and Mohaini Mohamed@Naba. 2013. ?Consumers? Perceptions, Attitudes and Purchase Intention towards Private Label Food Products in Malaysia.? Asian Journal of Business and Management Sciences 2(8): 73?90.
- Kau, Ah?Keng, and Elizabeth Wan?Yiun Loh. 2006. ?The Effects of Service Recovery on Consumer Satisfaction: A Comparison between Complainants and Non?complainants.? Journal of Services Marketing 20(2): 101?11.
- Konstantas, Dimitris, Stratos Ioannidis, and Vassilis S Kouikoglou. 2018. ?Linking Product Quality and Customer Behavior for Performance Analysis and Optimization of Make-to- Order Manufacturing Systems.? : 587?88.
- Lac?uilhe, Jérôme, Didier Louis, and Cindy Lombart. 2017. ?Impacts of Product, Store and Retailer Perceptions on Consumers? Relationship to Terroir Store Brand.? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 39(January): 43?53.
- Lee, Jumin, Do Hyung Park, and Ingoo Han. 2008. ?The Effect of Negative Online Consumer Reviews on Product Attitude: An Information Processing View.? Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 7(3): 341?52.
- Loo, Mark. 2010. ?Attitudes and Perceptions towards Islamic Banking among Muslims and Non- Muslims in Malaysia: Implications for Marketing to Baby Boomers and X-Generation.? International Journal of Arts and Sciences 3(13): 453?85.
- Mason-Jones D.R., R and Towill. 1981. ?Article Information :? Int J Logistics Management. Mayer, Thierry, Marc J. Melitz, and Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano. 2014. ?Market Size, Competition,
- and the Product Mix of Exporters.? American Economic Review 104(2): 495?536.
- McCall, Michael, and Clay Voorhees. 2010. ?The Drivers of Loyalty Program Success.? Cornell Hospitality Quarterly 51(1): 35?52.
- Menon, A., B. J. Jaworski, and A. K. Kohl! 1997. ?Product Quality: Impact of Interdepartmental Interactions.? Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 25(3): 187?200. http://link.springer.com/10.1177/0092070397253001.
- Mohaydin, Ghulam et al. 2017. ?Effect of Food Quality on Customer Perceived Satisfaction Level and Mediating Effect of Food Safety on Them.? (1): 34?41.
- Pogorelova, Elena V., Irina V. Yakhneeva, Anna N. Agafonova, and Alla O. Prokubovskaya. 2016. ?Marketing Mix for E-Commerce.? International Journal of Environmental and Science Education 11(14): 6744?59.
- Putra, Ricko Achmadi, Hartoyo Hartoyo, and Megawati Simanjuntak. 2017. ?The Impact of Product Quality, Service Quality, and Customer Loyalty Program Perception on Retail Customer Attitude.? Independent Journal of Management & Production 8(3): 1116.
- Richardson, John T.E. 2011. ?Eta Squared and Partial Eta Squared as Measures of Effect Size in Educational Research.? Educational Research Review 6(2): 135?47.
- Roberta S. Russell, Bernard W. Taylor III. 2006. ?Operations Management : Quality and Competitiveness in a Global Environment.? : 808.
- Sabir, R. I., Irfan, M., Akhtar, N., Pervez, M. A., and Rehman, A. U. 2014. ?Customer Satisfaction in the Restaurant Industry; Examining the Model in Local Industry Perspective.? Journal of Asian Business Strategy 4(1): 18?31.
- Satya, S. 2011. ?Retailer?s Perspective on Support Services Offered by Vembanad White Cement.? Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies 2(5): 186?90. http://0- search.ebscohost.com.wam.city.ac.uk/login.aspx?direct=true&db=eoh&AN=1273206&site=ehost-live.
- Savelli, Elisabetta et al. 2017. ?Consumer Attitude and Behaviour towards Food Quality among the Young Ones: Empirical Evidences from a Survey.? Total Quality Management & Business Excellence 3363(March): 1?15.
- Serricchio, Fabio. 2010. ?Gli Italiani E l?Europa: Un Rapporto Che Muta Tra Benefici,
- «institutional Proxies» E Identità Nazionale.? Italian Political Science Review 40(3): 371? 96.
- Shahzad Khan. 2012. ?Factors Responsible for Making Consumerrattitude towards Islamic bankingrA Study of Islamic Banks Accountholders of Peshawar Region Pakistan.? Arabian
- Journal of Business and Management Review (OMAN Chapter) Vol. 2, No.1; Aug 2012
- (1): 136?47.
- Sirfraz, Muhammad, Hazoor Muhammad Sabir, and Hafiza Noreen Naz. 2014. ?How Attitude Influences the Customers ? Buying Intentions for Counterfeit Tablet Pc : A Study of a Computer Market in Central Punjab , Pakistan.? International journal of management & organizational studies 3(2): 12?17.
- Trentin, Alessio, Elisa Perin, and Cipriano Forza. 2012. ?Product Configurator Impact on Product Quality.? International Journal of Production Economics 135(2): 850?59.
- Vermeir, Iris, and Wim Verbeke. 2006. ?Sustainable Food Consumption: Exploring the Consumer ?attitude - Behavioral Intention? gap.? Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics 19(2): 169?94.
- Voon, V et al. 2011. ?Dopamine Agonists and Risk: Impulse Control Disorders in Parkinson?s Disease.? Brain 134(5): 1438?46. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=3097893&tool=pmcentrez&ren dertype=abstract.
- WALL, MARJORIE, and LOUISE A. HESLOP. 1989. ?Consumer Attitudes towards the Quality of Domestic and Imported Apparel and Footwear.? Journal of Consumer Studies & Home Economics 13(4): 337?58.