THE EFFECT OF CONSUMERS? PERCEIVED VALUE IN ONLINE PURCHASES ON BRAND LOYALTY: A STUDY ON THE CLOTHING PRODUCT BASIS
- Online Shopping,
- Perceived Value,
- Clothing Items
- Online Alışveriş,
- Algılanan Değer,
- Giysi Ürünleri
How to Cite
In this study, the effect of perceived value from online shopping on brand loyalty was explicitly examined in clothing items. By the purpose of the study, the relevant literature was scanned, and the concepts of ?online shopping?, ?perceived value? and ?brand loyalty? were explained. The required data for the analysis of the research was obtained by applying face-to-face survey method to 460 people who have selected convenience sampling method among the participants among who residents in Istanbul and who stated that they were shopping online. In the research, critical factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, correlation analysis and structural equation modelling were performed using SPSS and AMOS programs.
According to the result of the research, it was found that the perceived value from online shopping has a positive effect on brand loyalty. Based on the findings from the research, suggestions were made to researchers and sector representatives.
- Aaker, D. A. (1991), ??Managing Brand Equity: Capitalizing on the Value of A Brand Name The Free Press, New York, NY??, The Journual of Business Research, 29 (3), 247-248.
- Aaker, D. A. (2009), Marka Değeri Yönetimi. İstanbul: MediaCat Yayınları.
- Ar, A. A. (2004). Marka ve Marka Stratejileri. İstanbul: Detay Yayıncılık.
- Ateş, V. (2018), ??Online Müşteri Sadakatini Etkileyen Müşteri Algılarının İncelenmesi: Gazi Üniversitesi Örneği??, Pamukkale Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 32, 353-362.
- Ball, D., Coelho, P. S. and Machás, A. (2004). The Role of Communication and Trust in Explaining Customer Loyalty: An Extension to the ECSI Model. European Journal of Marketing, 38(9/10), 1272-1293.
- Bayraktaroğlu, G. (2004), ??Kolayda Mallarda Marka Bağlılığını Etkileyen Faktörler: Hazır Kahve Üzerine Bir Çalışma??, Yönetim ve Ekonomi, 11(2), Celal Bayar Üniversitesi, Manisa.
- Bayram, N. (2010), Yapısal Eşitlik Modellemesine Giriş: Amos Uygulamaları. Bursa: Ezgi Kitabevi.
- Cai, Y. Cude, B. J. (2008). Online Shopping. Handbook of Consumer Finance Research, 137-138.
- Caruana, A. ve Fenech, N. (2005). The Effect of Perceived Value and Overall Satisfaction on Loyalty: A Study Among Dental Patients. Journual of Medical Marketing, 5(3).
- Chau, P.Y.K, Au, G, Tam, K.Y. (2000), Impact of Information Presentation Modes on Online Shopping: An Empirical Evaluation of a Broadband Interactive Shopping service. Journal Of Organizational Computing And Electronic Commerce, 10 (1), 1-20.
- Chen, P.-T., ve Hu, H.-H. (2010). The effect of relational benefits on perceived value in relation to customer loyalty: An empirical study in the Australian coffee outlets industry. International journal of hospitality management, 29(3), 405-412.
- Chi, T., & Kilduff, P. P. D. (2011). Understanding consumer perceived value of casual sportswear: An empirical study. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 18(5), 422-429.
- Chuah, H. E., Marimuthu, M. ve Ramayah, T. (2013) The Effect of Perceived Value on the Loyalty of Generation Y Mobile Internet Subscribers: A Proposed Conceptual Framework. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 130( 2014 ), 532 ? 541.
- Cretu, A. E. and Brodie, R. J. (2007). The Influence of Brand Image and Company Reputation Where Manufaturers Market to Small Firms: A Customer Value Perspective. Industrial Marketing Management, 36 (2), 220- 240.
- Dick, A.S. and Basu, K. (1994). Customer Loyalty: Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22, (2), 99-113.
- Dodds, W. B., & Monroe, K. B. (1985). The effect of brand and price information on subjective product evaluations. Advances in Consumer Research, 12(1), 85-90.
- Gale, B. T. (1994). Managing Customer Value: Creating Quality And Service That Customers Can See. New York: Free Press.
- Gedikoğlu, İ. S. (2014). Online Shopping: As A Coping Mechanism With Work To Life Conflict. Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi. İstanbul: Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.
- Gounaris, S. and Stathakopoulos V. (2004). Antecendents and Consequences of Brand Loyalty: An Empirical Study. Journal of Brand Management, 11 (4), 283-306.
- Hair, J.F., Lukas, B., Roberts, K., & Lee-Lukas, S. 2014. Marketing Research. McGraw-Hill, Australia.
- Harris, L. C. and Goode, M. M. H. (2004). The Four Levels of Loyalty and Pivotal Role of Trust: A Study of Online Service Dynamics. Journal of Retailing, 80 (2), 139- 158.
- Hooper, D., Coughlan, J., and Mullen, M.R. (2008). Structural Equation Modelling: Guidelines For Determining Model Fit. Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods, 6(1), 53-60.
- İslamoğlu, A. H. ve Altunışık, R. (2008). Tüketici Davranışları. (2). İstanbul: Beta Yayınları.
- İslamoğlu, A. H. (2009), Sosyal Bilimlerde Araştırma Yöntemleri. İstanbul: Beta Yayınları.
- İslamoğlu, A. H. ve Alnıaçık, Ü. (2016). Sosyal Bilimlerde Araştırma Yöntemleri (SPSS Uygulamalı). (5). İstanbul: Beta Yayınları.
- Jacoby, J. and Kyner, D.B. (1973). Brand Loyalty vs. Repeat Purchasing Behavior. Journal of Marketing Research, 10 (1), 1-9.
- Kim, Y. K, Kim, E. and Kumar, S. (2003). Testing the Behavioral Intentions Model of Online Shopping for Clothing. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 21 (1), 32-40.
- Lai, F., Griffin, M. and Babin, B. J. (2009). How Quality, Value, Image, and Satisfaction Create Loyalty at a Chinese Telecom. Journal of Business Research, 62 (10), 980-986.
- Lam, S. Y., Shankar, V., Erramilli, M.K. and Murthy, B. (2004). Customer Value, Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Switching Costs: An Illustration From a Business-to-Business Service Context. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 32 (3), 293-311.
- Monroe, K. B., & Chapman, J. D. (1987). Framing effects on buyers' subjective product evaluations. Advances in Consumer Research, 14(1), 193-197.
- Nakip, M. (2006) Pazarlama Araştırmaları Teknikler ve SPSS Destekli Uygulamalar. Ankara: Seçkin Yayıncılık,.
- Overby, J. W. and Lee, E.J (2006), The Effects of Utilitarian and Hedonic Online Shopping Value on Consumer Preference and Intentions. Journal of Business Research, 59 (10/11), 1160-1166.
- Parmaksız, Ö. (2012). Kolayda Mallarda Marka Sadakati (ÇAYKUR Uygulaması). Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi. Van: Yüzüncü Yıl Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.
- Palumbo, F. and Herbig, P. (2000). The Multicultural Context of Brand Loyalty. European Journal of Innovation Management, 3 (3), 116-124.
- Petrick, J. F. (2004). The Roles of Quality, Value, and Satisfaction in Predicting Cruise Passengers? Behavioral Intentions. Journal of Travel Research , 42, 397-407.
- Petrick, J. F. ve Backman, S. J. (2002). An Examination of The Construct of Perceived Value for The Prediction of Golf Travelers? Intentions To Revisit. Journal of Travel Research , 41, 38-45.
- Rajh, S. P. (2012). Comparison Of Perceived Value Structural Models, (1). Preliminary Communication. 117-133.
- Sweeney, J.C. and Soutar, G.N. (2001). Consumer Perceived Value: The Development of A Multiple Item Scale. Journal of Retailing, 77 (2), 203-220.
- Şimşek Ö. F. (2007). Yapısal Eşitlik Modellemesine Giriş, Temel İlkeler ve LİSREL Uygulamaları. Ankara. Ekinoks Yayıncılık.
- Yang, D. ve Wang, X. (2010). The Effects of 2-tier Store Brands? Perceived Quality, Perceived Value, Brand Knowledge, and Attitude on Store Loyalty. Brill, 4(1): 1?28.
- Yılmaz, C. (2010). Online Alışverişte Algılanan Değer, Memnuniyet, Güven ve Sadakat Arasındaki İlişki. Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi. Sivas: Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.
- Zeithaml, V. A. (1988). Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality and Value: A Means-End Model and Synthesis of Evidence. Journal of Marketing, 52 (3), 2-22.
- Zeithaml, V.A., Berry, L.L. ve Parasuraman, A. (1996). The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality. Journal of Marketing, 60 (2), 31-46.
- TÜSİAD 2017 E-Ticaret Raporu: https://www.eticaretraporu.org/wp- content/uploads/2017/04/TUSIAD_E-Ticaret_Raporu_2017.pdf (Erişim Tarihi: 13. 07. 2019)