CRITICAL AND ANALYTICAL METHODOLOGY IN CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT: A PROCESS MANAGEMENT MODEL FOR NGOs
- Kampanya Yönetimi,
- Sosyal Fayda,
- Kritik Düşünme,
- Analitik Düşünme
- Campaign Management, Social Good, NGO, Critical Thinking, Analytical Thinking
How to Cite
In this study, it is proposed a critical and analytical methodology integrated managerial functions like planning, organizing, implementing and controlling for NGOs to raise awareness, to build public opinion, to canvass, to persuade, to actuate and to activate by campaigning. It contributes literature by integrating critical and analytical thinking into the same model with process management approach. Besides, it can be considered as managerial and practical accelerator for NGOs, by transforming critical and analytical thinking into systematic, organizational decision making and management process, whilst cognitive and individual.
- Aaker, D.A., V. Kumar, G.S. Day (1995). Marketing Research, 5th Ed., New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Bengston, D. N., & Fan, D. P. (1999). An innovative method for evaluating strategic goals in a public agency. Evaluation Review, 23 (1), 77–100.
- Bennett, N., Dunne, .E., Carre , C., (2000). Skills Development in Higher Education and Employment. Buckingham: Society for Research into Higher Education and Open University Press.
- Bloom, B. S., Englehart, M. B., Furst, E. J., Hill, W. H., & Krathwohl, D. R. (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives. The classifications of educational goals. Handbook I: Cognitive domain. New York: McKay.
- Brown, K. & Rutter, L. (2006). Critical Thinking for Social Work, Exeter, Learning Matters Ltd
- Cottrell, S. (2011). Critical Thinking Skills Developing Effective Analysis and Argument, 2nd Ed., London: Palgrave Macmillan
- Ennis, R. H. (1989). Critical thinking and subject specificity: clarification and needed research. Educational Researcher, 18, 4-10.
- Facione, P (2004). Critical Thinking: What it is and Why It Counts. Insight Assessment California: California Academic Press accessed on-line @ www.insightassessment.com/t.html July 2005
- Facione, P., Facione, N. & Giancarlo, A. (2001). The disposition to ward critical thinking its- character, measurement and relationship to critical thinking skill, California academic Press, Journal of informal Logic. vol.20, No.1, pp, 61-84.
- Facione, P, Facione, N & Giancarlo, C (2005). The Motivation to Think in Working and Learning. Insight Assessment California: California Academic Press accessed on-line @ www.insightassessment.com/t.html July 2005
- Facione, N., Facione, P. & Sanchez, M. (1994). Critical-thinking disposition as a measure of competent clinical judgment: the development of the California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory. The Journal of Nursing Education, 33, 345-350.
- Farley, O. W., Smith, L. L., & Boyle, S. W. (2000). Introduction to Social Work (9th edn). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Fisher, J., Cutts, D., & Fieldhouse, E. (2011). The electoral effectiveness of constituency campaigning in the 2010 British general election: The ‘triumph’ of Labour? Electoral Studies 30, 816–828
- Ford, P. et al (2005). Practice learning and the development of students as critical practitioners- some findings from research, Social Work Education, 24 (4), 391-407
- Hajhosseiny, Mansureh, (2012). The Effect of Dialogic Teaching on Students' Critical Thinking, Disposition, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 69, 1358 – 1368
- Hardy, Eva E. & Richard D. Waters (2012). Identifying the norms of professional practice: Reviewing PRSA’s Silver Anvil award-winning campaigns, Public Relations Review, 38, 898– 905
- Hindery, R.R. (2001). Indoctrination and Self‐deception or Free and Critical Thought. USA WA: Edwin Mellen Pr
- Kelly, K. S. (2001). Stewardship: The missing step in the public relations process. In R. L. Heath (Ed.), Handbook of Public Relations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lock, A. (1987). “Integrating Group Judgments in Subjective Forecasts”, Judgmental Forecasting, G. Wright, P. Ayton (Eds), London, John Wiley & Sons, s. 109-127.
- Paul, R. & Elder, L., (2001). Critical Thinking, Tools for Taking Charge of Your Life, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice Hall.
- Paul, R. & Elder, L., (2008). The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking Concepts and Tools. Dillon Beach: Foundation for Critical Thinking Press
- Pop, Iuliana (2012). Developing suitable methods in think tank and NGO training, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 46, 4061 – 4064
- Smith, R. D. (2009). Strategic Planning for Public Relations. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Stacks, D. W. (2010). Primer of Public Relations Research (2nd ed.). New York: Guilford Press.
- Tengilimoğlu, D., Y. Öztürk (2013). İşletmelerde Halkla İlişkiler, Ankara: Seçkin Yayıncılık